Sunday, June 27, 2010

Frankfurt, Germany

Lizz is drinking a free beer because Germany scored first…


I got into Frankfurt this afternoon. The German countryside is beautiful. I passed by countless picturesque towns. The only downside was the number of older German men who were really loud and obnoxious.

When I got to Frankfurt I figured out where I needed to go on the Metro, but when I got there I realized I was in the middle of an industrial park. It didn’t look like a place where a Hostel would be. I walked for a while and eventually came to the intersection where my directions said the hostel should be. It was a wasteland, with only one industrial looking building on one corner. I went to it and it was, in fact, my hostel. It is more high-tech then I have seen in some five star hotels. It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to see much of Frankfurt though, because I’m so out of the way.

The rest of my time in Munich was fun. I went paddle boating, and to a beer garden. I finished a liter of beer, which I consider a hell of an accomplishment.

We watched the US / Ghana game last night. It was an exciting game with a sad ending. I don’t think the US deserved to go on, but it sucks that we’re knocked out now.

I’m off to Berlin tomorrow for three days before I fly to England. I’m meeting up with Nick and Ads, the guys I met in Prague. I’ll be there for the 4th of July. Ads sent me a link to a website where there is a description of an American-style independence day party. Apparently this club will be transformed into ‘an American carnival for the day’. Here is their description of what you can do: enter the Über Hot Chilli Challenge or the hotdog eating contest, be entertained by Americana clowns, enjoy vintage carnival films in the cinema room, play carnival games in the grounds or just enjoy a Long Island Ice Tea on the terrace. (all very American activities, I’m sure you can agree)

Considering the fact that we’re going to be out in the countryside(ish) of England and it’s summer holiday, I’m guessing I’m going to be the only actual American there. Couldn’t be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment